Any chess players?
i highly recommend.
Deep Rybka 3 the best computer chess program in the world.
We can discuss openings middle game, and endgames.
Also chess quotes; like; “Every chess master was once a beginner.” — Chernev
“Strategy must give way to tactics.” — Euwe
"If you see a good move, look for a better one." — Lasker
"Distrust a pawn move; check carefully its balance sheet.” — Dr. Lasker
"A bad plan is better than no plan at all." — Emmanuel Lasker
“The most difficult thing in chess it is to win a winning position” - Emmanuel Lasker
"the king is a fightingPiece" — Wilhelm Steinitz
“Tactics flow from a superior position.” — Fischer
“Chess mastery essentially consists of analyzing chess positions accurately.”— Botvinnik
“Chess is 99% tactics.” — Teichmann
"The business of the chess player is to conceive practical objectives and to plan and carry out the maneuvers necessary to achieve them; the objectives, the plans, the maneuvers - all must be based on the possibilities inherent in actual positions. Thus chess is by definition positional." — Reshevsky
"Cramped positions bear the germs of defeat." — Siegbert Tarrasch
"The 2 KEY ELEMENTS in chess are CENTRALIZATION and MOBILITY"—GM Neil Mcdonald"
* Chess is a fairy tale of 1001 blunders - Savielly Tartakower
* Chess is a beautiful mistress. - Larsen
* Chess is life - Bobby Fischer
* Chess is like life - Boris Spassky
* Chess is everything - art, science, and sport. - Karpov
* Chess is really 99 percent calculation - Soltis
* Chess is mental torture. - Kasparov
* Chess is ruthless: you've got to be prepared to kill people. - Nigel Short
* Chess is a sea in which a gnat may drink and an elephant may bathe - Indian proverb
* Chess is as much a mystery as women - Purdy
* Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy. - Tarrasch
* You cannot play at chess if you are kind-hearted. - French Proverb
* Morphy was probably the greatest genius of them all. - Fischer
* Life is too short for chess. - Byron
* A good player is always lucky. - Capablanca
* A chess game is divided into three stages: the first, when you hope you have the advantage, the second when you believe you have an advantage, and the third... when you know you're going to lose! - Tartakower
* When the chess game is over, the pawn and the king go back to the same box - Irish saying contributed by Etienne Goldstein